Did you know that there are over 20 books available on cochlear implants?
You might like to order them through your library.
Some of the titles are:
- A Penny for your Thoughts – an autobiography of deaf/blind cochlear implant recipient Penny Harland. Click here for order form.
- Bill Gibson by Tina K Allen. Click here for order form.
- Bridge to Sound With a ‘Bionic’ Ear by Cynthia Farley
- Cochlear Hearing Loss by Brian Moore, ISBN:1861560915, published by Whurr Publishers Ltd.
- Cochlear Implants: A Practical Guide edited by Huw Cooper & Louise Craddock, ISBN: 1861564813, published by Whurr Publishers Ltd.
- Cochlear Implants Fundamentals and Applications by Graeme Clark, ISBN: 0387955836, published by Springer Science+Business Media, Inc.
- GRAEME CLARK: The Man Who Invented the Bionic Ear by Mark Worthing, published by Allen & Unwin. Click here for further information.
- Hear Again: Back to Life with a Cochlear Implant by Arlene Romoff – I read Arlene Romoff’s book before deciding to have cochlear implant surgery. I was delighted with her matter of fact, candid, humorous, and personal diary of everyday events and the personal struggle she has gone through with a hearing …
- Learning to Hear again with a Cochlear implant by Donna S Wayner, Tudy Abrahamson & June Casterton, ISBN: 0-9664780-1-0, published by Hear Again Publishing
- Listening Closely: A Journey to Bilateral Hearing by Arlene Romoff – When I was researching cochlear implants for myself, I read Arlene Romoff’s first book, “Hear Again”. It was the inspiration for making the decision to go forward with the cochlear implant surgery. My life was changed forever!
- Listening to the waves by Regan Nicole Brady – Regan Brady is a middle-school girl who wears two cochlear implants. She shares lots of interesting experiences – embarrassing moments, interactions with other kids, and dealing with security at the airport, among others.
- MAW Again.: Back to Life with a Cochlear implant by Arlene Romoff, ISBN: 0967784301, published by Sterling.
- MO Cochlear Implant Rehabilitation edited by Karen Pulley, Ellen Giles and Anthony Hogan, ISBN: 1861563213, published by Wiley.
- Neurophysiologic Basis for Cochlear and Auditory Brains-tem implants by Rage R Miller, American Journal of Audiology Vo1.10, pp 68-77, December 2001.
- 100 Stories of Australians with hearing loss – collated stories by Deafness Forum.
- Programming Cochlear Implants (Core Clincal Concepts in Audiology) by Jace Wolfe – This book is targeted at audiology students who would like to learn how to program cochlear implants. It presents the general principles, then moves on to some brand-specific information.
- Real Stories, Real People – a collection of 18 cochlear implant recipients in book form. SOLD OUT
- A Symphony of Stories – a collection of 16 cochlear implant recipients in book form. Now selling for $5.00 each. Contact our Secretary on firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a copy.
- Rebuilt: How Becoming Part Computer Made Me More Human by Michael horost, ISBN: 0618378294, published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
- School Professionals Working With Children With Cochlear Implants by Patricia Chute and Mary Ellen Nevins, ISBN: 1597560138, published by Plural Publishing.
- Sound is Not Enough – Captioning as Universal Design – increasing awareness of captioning – available either hard copy or an e-book. Click here to order.
- Surgical Consult: Bioethics and Cochlear Implantation by Linda Komesaroff, ISBN: 1563683490, published by Gallaudet University Press.